Friday, December 23, 2011

Sam's Top 5: Favorite Action Stars!

Okay, I know. I said this would be up last Sunday. And if you look at my other blog I have a bad track record of saying articles would be posted and either never getting around to it or posting it very much later (come to think of it I STILL haven't posted my Disney list...that was about a year ago). So for now on, no more promises or guarantees!

Now lets get down to it! Here is MY list of the action stars I most adore. Maybe we can get Andy to come up with one of his own and then maybe we can follow-up with a discussion on our lists. Who knows. Like I said, no promises. Coming in at number 5...

5. Sean Connery

Besides the 007 series (Sean and Daniel Craig being my favorite James Bonds of all time) I can't remember too many action movies this great man has been in. BUT, The Rock is in my top 2 favorite action movies of all time, and this dude is a big part of why that is. In a movie full of top Navy SEAL badasses this old geezer out-survives them and almost single handedly eliminates a terrorist threat. To me, that's enough to earn him a spot on this list.

Favorite Sean Connery Action Movie(s)
- The Rock (1996)


4. Micheal Biehn

I wish this guy was still going strong. Back in his day, he was the man! Any movie I've seen him in he was instantly one of my favorite characters. Whether he's gunning down aliens, taking down the terminator or leading a group of hardened Navy SEALS into Alcatraz, this is one guy you want on your side.

Favorite Michael Biehn Action Movie(s)
- The Terminator (1984)
- Aliens (1986)


3. Jean-Claude Van Damme

This guy screams action movie greatness! Yes, most of his movies were cheesy but doesn't that make a good action movie great in most cases? Watching him kick ass is just about as exciting as it gets. He's a true action movie God. Also, if you ever doubted him or his acting abilities check out JCVD. Believe it or not, this man can act! Great performance.

Favorite Jean-Claude Van Damme Action Movie(s)
- Sudden Death (1995)
- Universal Soldier (1992)
- Timecop (1994)
(screw it, they're all good!)


2. Mel Gibson

Ah, Mel Gibson. Not only one of my favorite action heroes but one of my favorite all-time actors. I don't care what people have been saying about him lately, I know Mel for his acting and his acting only. And he always entertains. This guy has done so much for the action genre, and even though he's starting to age I can only dream of a Lethal Weapon 5.

Favorite Mel Gibson Action Movie(s)
- Lethal Weapon Series
- Mad Max Series
- Payback (1999)


1. Bruce Willis

Yes ladies and gentlemen, hands down my favorite action star ever. Bruce Willis instantly made John McClane one of the most famous action heroes ever to be put on screen. Die Hard remains my favorite action movie (and favorite Chrstmas movie) to this day. There are so many awesome quotable lines to be shared from that film and even more memorable moments. Best part is, that's only ONE of his amazing action movies! What I like most about officer John McClane is that he is so believable to me. The guy is a troubled cop with a pissed off attitude who is just having a really bad day, but he doesn't quit and against all odds he gets the job done time and time again. The Die Hard series will forever be remembered as one of the great action movie series' ever and if you tried filling Bruce Willis' roles with any other actor, it wouldn't be the same.

Favorite Bruce Willis Action Movie(s)
- Die Hard Series
- Red (2010)
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006)
- Sin City (2005)
- Tears of the Sun (2003)
(I can keep going but I won't for the sake of the readers, so here)

1 comment:

  1. Good list! Don't forget that Mr. Biehn and Mr. Gibson both helped to inspire the great Solid Snake.

    ReplyDelete