Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Congratulations are in Order

Hello all,

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend.  I know I sure as hell did.  What did I do, you ask?  Well, I ventured on over to eastern Oregon to visit with the family.  Eight hours on the road might seem kinda shitty, but when it's to see good people, you'll make the damned trip!  Some highlights were that I:  Got to see the Vali family celebrate their restaurants 40th anniversary (and be a part of the celebration for the whole weekend).  Got tipsy during their celebration and subsequently drove a go-kart in the rain (does it count as a DUI if it's in a go-kart on a closed circuit?).  Tasted some fancy Pacific North-West beers as well as some whiskeys from a mom & pop distillery.  Got to congratulate cousin Emily on her recent college graduation.  Oh yeah, and I got to celebrate the recent engagement of cousin Sam, co-author of this here blog (if he would get his ass back on it!), to his long-time girlfriend!  To top it all off, when I got back to Washington, I had my Big Trouble in Little China tank-top waiting for me in the mail, and a shit-ton of donuts to eat.  Not a bad weekend at all.  So congratulations to the Valis, Sam/Sirena, and Emily on all of their accomplishments.  I'm going to run around quoting Kurt Russell alone in my room for the next few hours.


Not the best quotes from the movie, but the best I could find with limited effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment