Friday, May 9, 2014

Internets, Three-Day Weekends, Updates and the Like

Here I go again...on my own. That's enough Whitesnake for now. But in all seriousness, I've finally kinda-sorta got my internet set up. Sure, it's in my neighbor's room and I don't always get the best signal, but it's usually enough to binge-watch Bob's Burgers on Netflix and it's definitely more than enough to update all of you fine folks on more than a bi-annual basis. So what's new in the world of Ol' Andy? Stay tuned...to the paragraphs below this one. Right. Down. There.

 I'm currently enjoying a three-day weekend granted by the ol' gub'ment which will see me taking care of my friend's little yappy dogs (in exchange for home-brewed bacon beer), slowly gaining membership to the swoll patrol (read: going to the gym and wearing shorts I have no business wearing), and a trip to either Portland or Seattle for some weird nights out (regular nights out). While perhaps not the most exciting weekend by most peoples standards, it's the little things I have to enjoy if only for the fact that the following weeks/months (excluding Memorial day weekend) are going to be arduous and stressful.

 Ever since our company was passed up for a trip overseas, we've been hitting a miniature training cycle until all of our counterparts return. Within that training cycle is a whole bunch of poorly planned events that has most of us scrambling to get tasks done with only the slightest idea as to what's happening. So while we have two weeks in the brutal California desert next month, and some crap going on after this weekend, I'm trying my damndest to make some memories with the crew and get the most out of it.

Along the same vein, I've been told that should I manage to boost my athletic abilities (see: swoll patrol), I'll be able to go to a school of rangering some time in the summer that will put me, once again, out of contact with the world for a foreseeable minimum of three months. While the reward afterward would be respect, responsibility, and a shit ton of savings from not spending any cash, the physical toll is costly, and my hygiene will likely plummet to new lows. That's something I definitely don't need. But hey, at least I'll be that much closer to getting promoted once I get back...assuming I pass...which I will. Because I'm awesome.

 In other news, Memorial Day weekend, aside from a total of 16 hours round-trip of driving, I'll get to see my family to celebrate a few things, eat some damned good food, a few rounds of ping-pong, hiking, go-karts, and maybe even a little golf. Anywho, that's all I've really got for now. I'll leave you with a few things I've been listening to lately.

  (Theme song to an excellent show) (Because they're fucking amazing) (Any song that starts off with someone shouting "Jurassic Park" is good in my book, even if it does sound like Decepticon music)

No comments:

Post a Comment