Friday, January 13, 2012

The Kings Corner: Kopitar Update

Alright, I realize that I'm posting a lot of "The Kings Corner" news all in a row, but yesterday was pretty big so it should be expected. According to a recent article on LA Kings Insider Anze Kopitar told reporters, "I'm feeling good this morning" and "I don't have any issues." So hopefully this means he'll be alright for the Calgary game on Saturday. You never know though with the way concussions have been going lately and how careful the NHL has been in regards to the possibilities of concussions.

In other news, according to tons of comments on LA Kings Insider by the loyal fans, it seems that most all of them are rallying behind Mike Richards saying his actions were more than justified. I just wish we had an enforcer worth a darn who could take the heat instead of Richards. I'm not saying he shouldn't have done what he did, but it would have been nice to have him on the ice in those last minutes. Either way, good by him. I'm sure Kopi will look back on the video and feel good about that.

Any other news regarding yesterdays game I'll just update to this segment of The Corner.


UPDATE

Mike Richards speaks about the penalties in last nights game.

*Sources*

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I'm so glad you post this stuff. The L.A. Times doesn't post a damn thing about the Kings. They're extra informed about every sport except what goes on in hockey. And once again, nice articles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, buddy. It's tough getting anything hockey related when you're living in Southern California. I'll do my best to keep this up since you're enjoying it so much, and I enjoy writing it. I just don't want to overload our blog with all hockey news lol

    ReplyDelete